Turanabol - Turanabolic (chlorodehydromethyltestosterone)
What is Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone?
Chlorodehydromethyteststerone (Turanabol) is a man-made steroid, similar to the naturally occuring steroid testosterone.
Turanabol is indicated in conditions such as chronic infections, extensive surgery (corticosteroid-induced myopathy, decubitus ulcers, burns), or severe trauma, which require reversal of catabolic processes or protein-sparing effects. These agents are adjuncts to, and not replacements for, conventional treatment of these disorders.
Chlorodehydromethyteststerone is used to promote weight gain following extensive surgery, chronic infection, or severe trauma, and in other cases that result in inadequate weight gain or maintenance. Turanabol is also used to decrease muscle loss caused by treatment with corticosteroids and to reduce bone pain associated with osteoporosis.
Turanabol is an oral drug which was developed during the early 1960's. It has a predominantly anabolic effect which is combined with a relatively low androgenic component. On a scale of 1 to 100 the androgenic effect is very low - only 6 - and the anabolic effect is 53. Turanabol is recommended in wasting diseases and HIV symptoms since it does not aromatize.
Before taking Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone
Some medical conditions may interact with Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems or high cholesterol or lipid levels
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Use Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone by mouth with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. If more than one dose is missed, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone.
Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone Side Effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome: acne; enlarging penis; increased frequency of erections; unnatural hair growth; Acne or oily skin; enlarging clitoris; hoarseness or deepening of voice; irregular menstrual periods; unnatural hair growth; unusual hair loss;
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: bone pain; nausea or vomiting; sore tongue; swelling of feet or lower legs; unusual bleeding; unusual weight gain; Black, tarry, or light-colored stools; dark-colored urine; purple or red-colored spots on body or inside the mouth or nose; sore throat and/or fever; vomiting of blood;
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider.
Take this medicine only as directed. Do not take more of it and do not take it more often than your doctor ordered. To do so may increase the chance of side effects.
In order for this medicine to work properly, it is important that you follow a diet high in proteins and calories. If you have any questions about this, check with your health care professional.
The dose of these medicines will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of these medicines. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The number of tablets that you take depends on the patient. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are taking the anabolic steroid.
If you miss a dose of this medicine and your dosing schedule is:
- One dose a day: Take the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if you do not remember it until the next day, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
- More than one dose a day: Take the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
If you have any questions about this, check with your doctor.
To store this medicine:
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store away from heat and direct light.
- Do not store the tablets in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down.
- Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed. Be sure that any discarded medicine is out of the reach of children.
Your doctor should check your progress at regular visits to make sure that this medicine does not cause unwanted effects.
If your child or teenager is taking this medicine, it is important that the doctor take x-rays every 6 months to check your child for bone growth and height. Anabolic steroids may interfere with normal bone growth.
For diabetic patients:
This medicine may affect blood sugar levels. If you notice a change in the results of your blood or urine sugar tests or if you have any questions, check with your doctor.
Anabolic/ Androgenic ratio: >100:>0